Readers of Anomalous Material, your attention please! Ripley, winner of last month top contributor contest, has requested a blog review as one of her prize. What is a blog review? If you are familiar with LAMB’s blog blustering concept then you already know what it is. You visit someone’s blog and then critique what is good and bad about it as well as give feedback on how to make it a better blog in the comments.
- First impression: Good/Bad? Would you leave the site right away? Why?
- Header, title, branding: Any improvement possible?
- Appearance: Color scheme, general appeal, readability, theme design, clean/cluttered?
- Content: Interesting/boring? Unfocused/themed?
- Writing: Does she have a personality? lively? funny? puts you to sleep? spelling/grammatical mistakes?
- Navigation: Can you find what you want to read? Quick/slow loading? Sidebars?
- Community: Is there one? comments, polls, contest, interactivity, participation in greater movie blog community, quality etc…
- Misc: autoplay music? (lol don’t do it), ads, anything else you can think of
- What would you change if this was your blog?
- No pity. Throw it all out there. She demanded it, let’s give it to her!
- A little tact goes a long way so be honest but respectful
- Give it a grade if you wish
- If you want to be anonymous, that’s fine but I don’t see no reason for that.
Now dear readers, please visit Ripley’s Four of Them thoroughly and then come back and leave comments on what’s good or bad about it as well as give feedback on how it could be improved. Thanks to all of you!