This is Day 14 of 31 Days to Build a Better Blog, a group project we are doing together in an attempt to improve our blogs and help each other become better bloggers. You can read more about it and still sign-up to participate here. Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to stay updated on the project.
Today we are going to spend some time writing an opinion post on our blogs. Thank you to all of you who participated on the first two weeks of assignments, we are gone through about half of the curriculum and are getting some good discussion back and forth as I initially hoped. Let’s keep up the effort and I hope everyone is having a good time while taking steps to improve their blogging.
- Week 1: Read about the first week of 31DBBB
- Week 2: The second week of 31DBBB
- Day 11 (Monday): Solve a Problem for your Reader
- Day 12 (Tuesday): Watch a First Time Reader Use your Blog
- Day 13 (Wednesday): Creating a Sneeze Page for your Blog
- Day 14 (Thursday): Write an Opinion Post on your Blog
- Day 15 (Friday): Leave Comments on Other Blogs
Some of the most popular blogs are those that belong to people that express their opinion loudly and often. Those blogs tend to generate more discussion, reader participation and excitement. Your task today will be to write a post that expresses an opinion.
As movie bloggers, this is a relatively easy task since we tend to express our opinions about movies nearly every time we post. Why does sharing your opinion is a positive thing to do while blogging?
- Expressing your opinion naturally leads your readers to want to express theirs as well
- When you express your opinion, you provide your readers with an analysis of a topic.
- You help your reader get a better understanding of different perspectives, making your blog useful
- Controversy breeds discussion
- Adding your opinion makes your blog unique
- Write a blog post that expresses an opinion about something related to your blog topic.
- As always, come back and post your link here
- Do you find it easy or difficult to express to form and express opinions?
- Do you have any other tips for writing opinion posts?
- Do you have an examples of opinion posts you’ve written that stirred good conversation on your blog? Post a link.