This is Day 22 of 31 Days to Build a Better Blog, a group project we are doing together in an attempt to improve our blogs and help each other become better bloggers. You can read more about it and still sign-up to participate here. Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to stay updated on the project.
- Day 16 (Monday): Breathe Life into an Old Post
- Day 17 (Tuesday): Call your Readers to Action
- Day 18 (Wednesday): How to use a Magazine to Improve your Blog
- Day 19 (Thursday): Ask a Question
- Day 20 (Friday): Develop a Plan to Boost your Blog’s Profile and Readership
- Day 21 (Monday): 17 Statistics to Monitor on your Blog
- Day 22 (Tuesday): Plan the next step for your blog
Congratulations and many thanks to all of you who have made it through 31DBBB. I hope this has been helpful and has improved your blog and your blogging. The key now is to continue to apply everything that you learned routinely. Today is the last assignment of our 31DBBB project and it is fitting that it was left off for the end because it is forward looking.
Today’s assignment is simply to plan the next step for your blog. This is very useful especially for those of us who seem to aimlessly blog on an inconsistent basis. Darren posted an example of a calendar on his Problogger site.
Planning your blogging should always be something you think about. What am I going to post in over the next week or two? How does each post fit into the bigger picture of what I am trying to achieve on my blog? What can I do to get closer to my goals of global domination? Those are questions you should constantly ask yourself.
- Look back at everything we did in the past month in our 31DBBB project and think of ideas you can now incorporate in your blogging
- Make a plan for next month and tell us about it!
- What is the next step for your blog?
- Has 31DBBB improved your blogging?
- Have you seen any improvement in terms of traffic, participation etc… on your blog?
31DBBB What’s Next?
- If you would like to go over more 31DBBB exercises, I would recommend you the workbook which you can buy at a discount (Contact us for the coupon code)
- Go over our previous 31DBBB posts and gather ideas you can use as part of your blogging
- Incorporate everything you’ve learned into your blogging. Do not let this go to waste!
Finally, I would like to congratulate and thank Steve for being such an avid participant in this 31DBBB project. By participating the most (in terms of comments), he wins a 31DBBB Workbook. Steve, contact us at your convenience so we can arrange for you getting your well-deserved prize!