This is Day 5 of 31 Days to Build a Better Blog, a group project we are doing together in an attempt to improve our blogs and help each other become better bloggers. You can read more about it and still sign-up to participate here. Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to stay updated on the project.
Today we are going to spend some time reading a few articles that should give you some tips to become a better blogger. Thank you to all of you who participated on the first three days, we are finally getting some good discussion back and forth as I initially hoped. Let’s keep up the effort and I hope everyone is having a good time while taking steps to improve their blogging.
- Day 1 (Monday): Write an Elevator Pitch For Your Blog
- Day 2 (Tuesday): Write a List Post on your blog
- Day 3 (Wednesday): Promote a Blog Post
- Day 4 (Thursday): Analyze a Top Blog in your Niche
- Day 5 (Friday): Must-Read Tips and Tutorials for Bloggers
Darren Rowse gives 27 articles to read but I cut it down to 6 because let’s face it, most of us don’t have time to read and digest that many articles. You can decide to read a couple or all of them if you’d like but those 6 are quite comprehensive to begin with.
- How to get traffic to your blog (Seth Godin)
- 25 Paths to an Insanely Popular Blog (Skelliewag)
- How to Create Great Blog Content (Entrepreneur-Journey)
- Rethinking Blog Comments: Much more than a quick way to get web traffic (Dosh Dosh)
- 10 Reasons Readers don’t leave comments (Liz Strauss)
- 27 Blogging Secrets to Power your Community (Chris Brogan)
You know the drill by now! Don’t forget to come back and discuss what you learned today.
- Which article was the most helpful to you?
- What tips have proven to be most effective in improving your own blog?
- What tips stand out as things you want to implement or get better at?
- Reply and give other bloggers feedback!