Kai from The List and Aiden from Cut the Crap Movie Review had the audacity of tagging us on this new fancy internet Meme. Apparently, you are supposed to list 10 things that make you happy and pass it on to 10 unsuspecting fellow bloggers who were just perusing around this blog. Since we are not people who like to back away from a challenge, Red and I decided to go ahead with this little mofo.
Share Ten Things that Bring You Joy
2. To steal one from Kai, and probably won’t be the last, is making people laugh or smile. I probably make fun of people too much, but when the subject of the joke is brought to a smile 99% of the time, that tells me I can keep on being a jerk.
3. Marion Cotillard
4. Irish accents. I swear, if I ever moved to Ireland or Scotland, I would have a permanent smile on my face from hearing everybody talk.
5. Anything to do with football: Watching it, talking about it, doing big projects that a normal person wouldn’t dare do. Castor and I have a huge love for the NFL Draft, and I consider it our Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Birthday wrapped into one. There are even years where it lands on my birthday. While the idea is seemingly awesome, anybody who would try to steal me away from the TV to celebrate would probably be met with rejection like a child playing basketball with Shaq….only with more kindness.
6. Marion Cotillard….what’s that? I already used that one? Well then, I’ll go with arguing with people about the most random, worthless stuff. A good, healthy argument that neither side is serious about is always a joy.
7. Lady Gaga: That’s right. Lady Gaga. As crazy as she may be, I love almost every song of hers. If you are in the same room as me when Bad Romance comes on, the chances of you hearing a fully grown man belt out every lyric word for word are pretty damn high.
8. Things that I can spin on a table: It’s little things like this that prove that I’m still a kid at heart.
9. Winning a hand in poker: That doesn’t mean that winning one is rare, quite the opposite, but that feeling knowing that the hand is yours even right after the flop is pretty awesome.
10. Looking at old pictures of the hair: Sure, maybe when I have kids some day they will be embarrassed like no other, but I truly enjoyed growing that thing out.
11. Marion Cotillard.
Note: Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel
1) Competition: May it be in sports, video games, fantasy sports leagues or even making some meaningless bets for a drink, I love to compete and play. Like Red says, that proves I will always be a kid at heart
2) Friends and family: It doesn’t get any better than spending some time with your friends and family. Life would be completely empty and meaningless without those relationships we cherish.
3) The NFL Draft: As Red stated above, this is our Christmas day. We have been NFL draftniks for years, well before it started becoming such a big event that is now televised on prime-time and discussed nearly year-round. Watching your favorite college football players become stars (and busts) as well as the awesome feeling when a little-known players that you “believed” in becomes a good or great pro a few years down the road are some of the great things about the NFL Draft. Of course, the best thing is getting together with your friends and talking about it ceaselessly
4) The United States Marine Corps: Fuck yea! The Spartans of our era.
5) The “Market”: You probably know the most common market, the stock market but I don’t play stocks so I can’t call it that way. Simply being able to have a chance to hit a buy and sell button is an opportunity few people in this world have. Most days, the market drives me absolutely crazy and will probably contribute to my early death However, it takes a lot of worldly knowledge to be involved in trading futures and I love to learn about how prairie fires in Russia can drive up the price of Wheat or how the price of oil can be impacted by such and such event. Being able to act on that information and try to make a profit for yourself can be very satisfactory (or maddening depending on the outcome). Also, you have to stay currently aware of the macro-economic picture which is always fascinating. We are certainly living through some interesting times and will see some truly life-changing events in our lifetime. Let’s just say I want my ticket for New Zealand soon…
6) Interacting with a bunch of crazy AM visitors: Just recently, some of you dumped over 200 comments in the open bar late into the night and then apologized to me. Please don’t… This is the type of stuff that makes blogging so awesome! The most heartfelt thanks to all of you who make this place so lively, you are the best we, at AM, can’t ask for more than that!
7) Working out: Unlike Kai, I do enjoy working out, well except for long distance running
8) Traveling: I love traveling, seeing new places, people and scenery. If I had one dream, it would be to be able to travel and make friends all over the world until the end of days. Ah dreams… Maybe, someday I will be financially comfortable enough to do that
9) Reading a good book, watching a great movie: Those speaks to the soul. I think we all can relate here.
10) Toilet paper: Everyone takes it for granted but realize that it is actually a luxury for half the population on Earth! You probably find it odd that I would mention that staple of modern life but I have a personal anecdote that explains it all. I would never have known how awesome TP is until I went to Marine Officer Candidate School and had to do my business a couple times without any TP.
The first time, we humped 6 miles with 50 lbs packs on our back. Needless to say I was soaked in sweat, we then sat down in the middle of a field on a windy and cold fall day and started eating our M.R.E (Meal Ready to Eat), let’s just say my sweat-soaked uniform got icy-cold really quick and combining that with the M.R.E –I don’t know what they put in there–, well I just had to go really bad with no TP at hand! Let’s just say my squad mates had a pretty good laugh that morning
The second time wasn’t as traumatic since I already did it once, why not do it a second time! It happened in the middle of the night during Night Land Navigation where you are supposed to find metallic boxes in the middle of the woods in pitch dark night simply by orienting yourself with a compass. Because we had plenty of time to accomplish the objectives and I really really wanted to take a dump, I chose a convenient spot in the middle of the woods, squatted down and went about my business. This time though, I had the good sense of having my pocket-sized notebook with me from which I borrowed a few pages. Hopefully, no candidate stepped on the little gift I left behind while looking for some metallic box
So now you know why I love toilet paper! (Anomalous Material has officially lost 52 readers forever)
Ahum ok… Now that was weird. How exactly do you transition from that to the next step in this internet meme… I guess I will just state that we are supposed to name ten blogs that make us happy to pass it on.
Ten Blogs that Make Us Happy
I’m not really sure who has been hit already so I will try to avoid the usual suspects:
- Travis from The Movie Encyclopedia
- Nicholas from Cinema Romantico
- This Guy from This Guy Over Here
- Steve from The Film Cynics
- Fitz from Nevermind Pop Film
- Corey from Monday Night Films
- Jessica from Insight into Entertainment
- Vanessa from The Movie Ness
- Joel from Deny Everything
- Clara from Just Chick Flicks
I can only tag 10 but if you would like to do this meme in the comments or on your blog, please go ahead! So what are some of the things that brings joy to your life?