The Open Bar is a convivial and open floor for all readers of Anomalous Material to discuss anything and everything they want all week starting every Thursday evening. Feel free to chime in or introduce new topics of discussion.
The Open Bar Soundtrack
- Don’t forget that we are giving away 3 pairs of Fandango movie tickets at the end of the month! The more you comment, the more likely you are to win.
- Read my new LAMB column: The Single Most Effective Way to Drive Traffic to Your Movie Blog
- If you are participating in the AM Movie Fantasy League, check out this week’s update
- Desert Island CD reminder: Saturday is the day we are all posting our 12 favorite movie music tracks!
- Have a great weekend!
US Box Office Openings and Estimates
- Limitless (Relativity): $15.6 million/$41 million
- Paul (Universal): $11 million/$30 million
- The Lincoln Lawyer (Lionsgate): $8.5 million/$22 million
- Nicholas ponders whether movies are dying (Cinema Romantico)
- Fill out your bracket for the March to Box Office Madness 2011 (Blog Cabins)
- Jose argues that Christopher Nolan doesn’t create memorable shots (Movies Kick Ass)
- Kai lists his top 5 coolest movie bikes (The List)
- Audiences seem to increasingly reject stop motion capture, should we be worried for Tintin? (the m0vie blog)
- Top 10 Jeff Bridges movies (Top 10 Films)
- Justin briefly reviews all the Oscar-nominated short documentaries (The Film Confessional)
A Few Potential Topics of Discussion
- What are your plans for this weekend?
- What movies are you planning to see?
- Any thoughts on current events?
- Your favorite songs of the moment?
- What books are you reading right now?
- What’s else is on your mind?