The commissioner will compute team scores according to the following rules. Grey areas abound and all decisions will be made at the discretion of the league commissioner with input from the league in the comments. If you have any ideas that would make the league even more fun, let me know in the comments.
- Leading actor in a 2012 release: US Box Office x Rotten Tomatoes x 10
- Supporting actor in a 2012 release: US Box Office x Rotten Tomatoes x 5
- Voice cast in an animation: US Box Office x Rotten Tomatoes x 3
- Films in limited release will be scaled to 2,000 screens
- Director of a 2012 release: US Box Office x Rotten Tomatoes
- Example: $100 million box office x 90% RT x 10 = 900 pts
- Leading role: 200 pts
- Supporting role: 100 pts
- Directing: 300 pts
- Varying bonus of 0-100 points for each casting/directing news depending on how cool the part is (Commissioner’s discretion)
We will take into account the award season which will lead up to the February 2012 Oscar ceremony (not the 2013 season). So get your Oscar predictions ready! Also, only individual awards in acting or directing will be taken into account.
- 2012 Oscar individual nomination: 500 pts
- 2012 Oscar individual win: 1,500 pts
- 2nd tier award nomination (BAFTA, Golden Globe, SAG, PGA, DGA): 100 pts
- 2nd tier award win: 300 pts
- 3rd tier award nomination: 50 pts
- 3rd tier award win: 100 pts
- Cannes/Venice/Toronto/Sundance Film Festival Award: 200 pts
- PR Catastrophe: Commissioner’s discretion
- DWI: -500 pts
- Thrown in jail: -1,000 pts
- Write a movie pitch: 1,000 pts
Questions or Suggestions?
Let those be known in the comments. There is still many aspects regarding the scoring that is a work in progress so if you have suggestions, let me know!
Please sign up in the comments below. First-come, first-serve basis. Let’s see how many people we can get this time around!
Pages: 1 2